Listen to our 1st Annual Walt Disney World Draft episode. Here are the details, rules, and our draft picks.
It’s Football season and with football season comes Fantasy Football – the Dungeons and Dragons of sports!
Most of the fantasy football people have spent some portion of this week carefully putting together an imaginary football team so we thought we’d get in on the action by holding our First Annual Walt Disney World Draft!
Listener Craig sent in this idea as a small topic a few weeks ago and we really enjoyed it so we decided to expand it to a full-blown show.
Stuart, Michael, Will and I have all been made General Manager of one of the 4 parks at Walt Disney World. We’ve been given free-reign of the parks with the only caveat being that characters, events, and experiences are now park-exclusive. If you want to meet Belle, you can only do that in one park.
We have compiled a list of draft-eligible characters, properties, events, spectaculars, and others that you can find on tfppodcast.com. We will use this list to make our selections.
There will be 10 rounds and pick order will be drawn from a hat. The order will alternate between 1 – 4 and 4 – 1 on each round. You have 2 minutes to make your picks and you have to say what you’re going to do with the pick in each round.
As determined yesterday, Stuart is the GM of Magic Kingdom, Michael has Epcot, Will has the Studios, and I have Animal Kingdom.
Round 1 – Park Host
Pick your park’s iconic character or host.
- Stuart’s Pick – Mickey Mouse
- Will’s Pick – Buzz Lightyear
- Jason’s Pick – Rafiki
- Michael’s Pick – Figment
Round 2 – Royalty
Pick 2 characters from Disney royalty. This could be a prince and princess, 2 princes or 2 princesses. They do not have to be officially coronated.
- Michael’s Pick – Elena & Kristof
- Jason’s Pick – Ariel & Tarzan
- Will’s Pick – Anna & Elsa
- Stuart’s Pick – Pocahontas & Rapunzel
Round 3 – Villain
This is the main villain for the park – they’re like the anti-host.
- Stuart’s Pick – Maleficent
- Will’s Pick – Evil Queen
- Jason’s Pick – Captain Hook
- Michael’s Pick – Syndrome
Round 4 – Teams
Pick any team of characters from the teams list. Teams must be normally associated with one another (chip and dale, lady and the tramp, etc)
- Michael’s Pick – Chip & Dale
- Jason’s Pick – Brother Bear
- Will’s Pick – The Incredibles
- Stuart’s Pick – The Three Musketeers
Round 5 – Free Pick
Pick anything from any list!
- Stuart’s Pick – Indiana Jones
- Will’s Pick – Captain Jack Sparrow
- Jason’s Pick – Peter Pan
- Michael’s Pick – Donald Duck
Round 6 – Character Themed Restaurant
Pick any character or team from any of the lists and come up with a restaurant concept featuring that character or team.
- Michael’s Pick – The Three Caballeros
- Jason’s Pick – Tinkerbell
- Will’s Pick – Mary Poppins
- Stuart’s Pick – Captain Nemo
Round 7 – Parades and Spectaculars
Choose one parade and one nighttime spectacular for your park.
- Stuart’s Pick – Main Street Electrical Parade & Fantasmic!
- Will’s Pick – Pixar Block Party Bash & Star Wars Galactic Spectacular
- Jason’s Pick – Tarzan’s Swinging Jungle Parade & Rivers of Light
- Michael’s Pick – Festival of Fantasy Parade & Tree of Life/Spaceship Earth Awakenings
Round 8 – Pixar
This round will be awesome and the best thing ever
- Michael’s Pick – Inside Out Emotions
- Jason’s Pick – Flik
- Will’s Pick – Woody
- Stuart’s Pick – Lightning McQueen
Round 9 – Steal
In this round you can either steal a pick from another park or make a new pick from any of the lists. Picks can only be stolen once.
- Stuart’s Pick – Lone Ranger
- Will’s Pick – Kristof (stolen from Michael, replaced with Alonso)
- Jason’s Pick – Tree of Life Awakenings (stolen from Michael, replaced with Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks)
- Michael’s Pick – The Incredibles (stolen from Will, replaced with Atlantis)
Round 10 – Wild Card
Take any Disney-owned property and run with it. It doesn’t have to be on any of the lists and the scope can be as big as you want it to be. If you choose a property from which something has already been selected, you cannot use that.
Ex: If you choose Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and someone already chose Mickey Mouse, you can use everything but Mickey Mouse.
- Michael’s Pick – The Duck Tales Crew & Daisy Duck
- Jason’s Pick – Cast and Crew of the Lion King on Broadway for the Kilimanjaro Safari
- Will’s Pick – National Treasure Hunt
- Stuart’s Pick – Miles from Tomorrowland